1. MAINTAIN ATTITUDE OF RESPECT AND DIGNITY
- Politely greet, welcome, and acknowledge efforts of all others.
- Calmly request space if emotionally overwhelmed.
- Apologize for any possible offense on others, including accidents.*
2. USE LANGUAGE AND BODY RESPONSIBLY
- Avoid offensive words, including those of a racial, ethnic, religious, or sexual nature.
- Refrain from using language or body to intimidate or injure.
- Calmly ask for explanation of any confusion, disagreement, conflict or concern.
3. PROACTIVELY COOPERATE
- Seek opportunities to assist others, and resist urges to embarrass or undermine.
- Gratefully acknowledge authority of leaders.
- Treat all members as teammates, regardless of personal feelings.
4. CAREFULLY ATTEND TO HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Alert an adult to any physical pain or danger.
- Control body movement such that self or others are not injured.
- Wear activity-appropriate clothing.
- Keep body properly groomed (e.g., daily bathing, teeth brushing, etc.).
- Take good care of all furniture, equipment, facilities, and environment.
5. HONESTLY GIVE BEST EFFORT
- Calmly communicate all perceived offenses.
- Earnestly participate in just resolution of dispute.
- Put education, wellness of self and others, and responsibility to community ahead of personal image and interests.
* See Apology
The Behavioral Guidelines and Apology poster are used with permission from Wholeistic Education™